The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), the world's second largest professional society for engineers and technologists, has opened its first ever Student Chapter in Bangalore at the BMS College of Engineering.
The IET Student Chapter, which is open to all students below the age of 35, is a robust and highly functional sub-unit of IET Bangalore Network. Some of the benefits enjoyed by a member of the IET student chapter are:
* Access to online communities
* Competitions and awards
* Free publications – bimonthly Engineering & Technology magazine
* Enhancement of personal development through local events/lectures/talks
* Access to the library from any part of world, as a member through the online catalogue service
* Full membership of the world's second largest engineering and technology institution
Commenting on the occasion Shekhar Sanyal, country head, IET India, said, "The Student Chapter at the BMS College & Engineering is an important milestone for the Bangalore IET Chapter. The Chapter is formed with this vision that the young students and engineering undergraduates in city take an active role in enhancing people's lives around the world. The comprehensive exposure platform not only enhances the students' knowledge in the latest global science, engineering and technology developments, but also guides them to become world-class professionals."