The IET's Substation Technology Conference, at The Thinktank, Birmingham 3 & 4 November, will provide an opportunity to discuss the technology, design considerations, project management and construction of the modern substation.
The two day program, packed with sessions and interactive discussions, will examine the plant equipment you are working with, the techniques employed to increase intelligence, and review the cost effective design options for substations and the IEC 61850 standards.
The event will examine the self healing technologies which are central to the successful substation, allowing grid reliability and decision making capabilities in the substation and beyond.
Delegates will have the opportunity to:
* Hear utilities outline their vision for the future of substations
* Generate ideas from real case studies and leading edge equipment suppliers on how to plan and deliver efficient and sustainable substations
* Understand the impact of substation automation implementation projects, assessing the methods and realising the benefits
* Meet senior industry leaders at this intimate networking opportunity
Topics covered will include:
* Bridging the Gap: overcoming the disconnect between "the folks making this equipment and those who would use it"
* Absorbing real benefits from the integration/installation of new technology
* Integrating new technologies
* European case studies from utility companies
* How Technologies can ensure energy delivery
* Discussions – debugging the myth – pros and cons of IEC 61850
Speakers will include National Grid, Iberdrola, world class manufacturers, DNOs and leading academics.
Who should attend? Representatives and executives within the following departments:
* Electricity and energy suppliers
* Distribution network operators
* Plant management
* Plant operations
* Network management
* Renewable energy units
* Grid operations
* Intelligent network providers
For further details click here