Skip to content Skip to footer

The lights go down for squirrel’s grand finale

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

A squirrel has been blamed for an explosion in an electricity substation, which blacked out a swathe of homes and caused damage valued at £250,000.

The animal’s final act was to leap into the London Road station in Coventry and create a major short circuit earlier this week.

Danny Moynihan, from Radford Road Fire Station, said: “It woke up 100 students and many residents reported seeing smoke.”

Show CommentsClose Comments

Leave a comment

0.0/5