Skip to content Skip to footer

Shock to the cistern

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

An explosion blew the roof off a public toilet in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent last week.

A fault in high-voltage cables beneath the Automated Public Convenience forced water to surge back into the so-called ‘superloo’ – ripping off its roof and damaging the pavement.

Luckily, the incident occurred at 4.45am when the toilet was unoccupied.

Aquila was investigating the fault and cable siting but reassured householders that their bathrooms should be safe – as homes were unlikely to be sited over high-voltage cables.

Show CommentsClose Comments

Leave a comment

0.0/5