On 1 September HVPD announced the global release of the PDS Insight, the world’s first handheld On-line Partial Discharge (OLPD) test unit supplied with a dedicated asset management tablet application – the OLPD Manager app.
The PDS Insight is a ground-breaking asset management tool, especially designed for every condition monitoring Engineer responsible for plant efficiency.
This handheld test technology combines HVPD’s knowledge from over 20 years of OLPD testing with the flexibility and functionality of the Android operating system and a 10.1” Tablet PC. The PDS Insight measures PD Level, PD Pulse Count and Cumulative PD Activity across the 50/60Hz power cycle. These measurements are combined to enable the severity of any partial discharge activity to be assessed instantly. Through the combination of three types of PD sensor (TEV, HFCT and AA), the unit is suitable for the OLPD testing of most types of in-service MV and HV plant including power cables, switchgear, rotating machines and transformers. All measurement data is stored on the PDS Insight handheld and is then synchronised via Bluetooth® to the OLPD Manager™ app on the supplied Android 10.1” tablet PC for analysis, databasing, benchmarking and trending.
• The PDS Insight and OLPD Manager app are both available in multiple languages.
• Includes a 10.1” Android Tablet PC complete with the OLPD Manager asset management application for post-test analysis, databasing and trending.
• The unit displays data in real-time on a 3.5” colour LCD screen.
• Includes an in-built barcode scanner with point of attachment (POA) barcode labels for automatic, repeatable testing.
• Supplied with BOSE QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones.
• Smart docking station for charging, data download to a PC and function checking.
Dr Lee Renforth, managing director said: “The PDS Insight represents a large leap forward in terms of handheld partial discharge test technology available in the market, it being the first handheld supplied with an accompanying data collection and analysis tablet PC application, the OLPD Manager™ app. With a built-in barcode scanner and unique point of attachment (POA) barcode labels, the new unit heralds a new generation of handheld OLPD test technology where measurement data can be automatically collected, downloaded and analysed quickly and easily using the OLPD Manager™ app on the supplied Android tablet PC”
For further details contact:
T: 0161 877 6142
Watch the PDS Insight video here: http://youtu.be/aunpmA–K5U