MK Electric, a name synonymous with wiring devices, and with products in millions of buildings across the UK, domestic, commercial, industrial and beyond, is proud to celebrate its centenary year in 2019.

After more than a month of marking and deliberation from the judges, the second stage of this year’s NICEIC and ELECSA Apprentice of the Year Competition is now under way.

Do you get tipped as a trade person? Research by Heat Insulation Ltd suggests that 51% of homeowners regularly tip tradespeople, whilst the other 49% refuse.

Microlease and Electro Rent in Europe are to combine as Electro Rent Corporation. The two companies will unify their European operations to become the largest independent test and measurement equipment solutions provider.

To help address the growing crisis of skills shortages across the UK economy, JTL has established a new ‘Trade Up’ campaign, with the view to offer advice and guidance to businesses unsure about the apprenticeship process.

It would seem things weren’t looking great for engineering services in the final quarter of 2018, as a new study revealed a slowdown in growth, coupled with increased material and labour costs.

Electric Nation has completed the world’s largest EV smart charging trial, in a bid to help understand the impact that charging electric vehicles at home has on the local electricity network.

Photon Energy has installed ground breaking solar plus storage at Prologis Park Pineham, not only allowing the building to run on self-generated electricity, but potentially saving up to 54 tonnes of CO2 emissions annually.

NAPIT has highlighted a range of initiatives it is undertaking to promote its longstanding commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI), and has called for companies across the industry to take similar steps.

NICEIC and ELECSA are offering registered contractors technical information and business advice via free online webinars dubbed ‘The Wire’.