LuxLive takes place from 6-7 November at Earls Court, London.
With an exhibitor list including Philips, Osram, GE, Thorn and Toshiba, thousands of lighting professionals and end users will be making their way to LuxLive. Delegates will have access to more than 50 hours of free talks, workshops and debates in LuxLive’s most ambitious programme to date.
Presentations will include:
• Downlighter safety – How do you maintain the fire resistance rating of ceilings when installing downlights? And when do you need to install fire-rated downlights? And when do you need fire hoods? Tony Cable of the NICEIC explains all.
• LEDs: – What they don’t tell you in the spec sheets – Some LED makers promote ‘hero numbers’ but hide the downsides. Find out what questions you should ask to ensure your LED installation does what it’s supposed to.
• Lighting the London underground: From legacy to LEDs – Shae Gilbert, head of lighting at London Underground, will outline the challenges the organisation faces as it starts modernising its lighting infrastructure.
• Financing your lighting – In this special session, we outline the various options that are available to fund a low-energy retrofit lighting installation.
• Dragons’ Den – Developers of innovative lighting technology have to impress our panel of dragons during a session in the style of BBC TV’s Dragons’ Den.
Register free at www.luxlive.co.uk.