An evening to celebrate outstanding achievements, innovation and collaboration
The Awards will recognise projects that embrace the latest in electrical engineering, display forward-thinking design and implementation, and champion the highest environmental, safety and energy efficiency standards.
We now invite entries for the following Awards:
2018 Electrical Review Award for Excellence in...
-ENERGY EFFICIENCY - Sponsored by Schneider Electric
-POWER - Sponsored by Omicron
-FIRE SAFETY & SECURITY - Sponsored by Electrical Safety First
-DATA CENTRE DESIGN & BUILD - Sponsored by Prism Enclosures
-LIGHTING - Sponsored by Phoenix Forums
-INNOVATION - Sponsored by Tamlite
PLUS, all winning entries will also be considered for our 2018 Project of the Year Award presented by Riello UPS, to be announced during the Awards evening. So, one lucky entrant will receive not only the admiration of industry peers, but also two trophies!
We are pleased to announce the list of entries shortlisted for the inaugural 2018 Electrical Review Excellence Awards. Thank you to all who submitted their projects!
The broad range of entries we received reflects the diversity of the electrical industry – from large national infrastructure projects, public buildings and sites of historical significance, to residential and commercial premises among others, delivered by businesses of all sizes.
-Aksa Power Generation - IGA (Istanbul Grand Airport) Project
-Smith Brothers (Contracting) Ltd. - Drayton Manor Solar Farm
-Vertiv - Noriker Power battery storage facility
DATA CENTRE DESIGN & BUILD
- Keysource - IT transformation project for Willis Towers Watson
- Sudlows – Indectron Shield House
- Schneider Electric - Sheffield Hallam University Charles Street Data Centre
FIRE SAFETY AND SECURITY
- The Fire Safety Company Ltd - The St. Nicholas Building
- Chubb Fire & Security - The Queens Hotel, Penzance
- Drax UK Ltd - St Mary’s Hospital - Newport, Isle of White
- Tamlite Lighting - Nottingham City Homes
- zencontrol ltd - Project Beagle, Ingenuity House
- Luceco plc – Spar, Blakemore Retail
- Affinity Water - Chertsey Water Treatment Works
- Luxonic - Pets At Home UK Stores
- ZG Lighting UK Ltd - Gateshead Leisure Centre
- R.L. Freemantle Electrical Ltd – Heathrow Airport, Plinth systems for electric vehicle charger installations
- Chubb Fire & Security - Rochester Cathedral, Security intruder alarm system
- Approved Electrical Services Ltd - Kuwait City Science Museum robot
The judging panel will select the winner of each Award, as well the overall Project of the Year, presented by Riello UPS.The results will be announced during the Awards dinner on 24 May 2018 at the Dorchester Hotel on London’s Park Lane.
JOIN US THERE: Apart from a celebration of electrical engineering excellence, the Awards dinner is a unique networking opportunity, as well as a way to reward and entertain clients and business partners.A limited number of tickets is still available – please contact Sunny or Amanda on +44 (0) 207 933 8970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
Prof Ian F Bitterlin
CEng PhD BSc(Hons) BA DipDesInn
FIET MCIBSE MBCS
Consulting Engineer & Visiting Professor, University of Leeds
Director of Technical
Electrical Contractors’ Association
CEO and Co-founder
The Data Centre Alliance
Chief Operating Officer, Lighting Industry Association Ltd
Chief Executive, Lumicom Ltd
President, Lighting Europe
The Building Controls Industry Association (BCIA)
More judges to be announced soon.
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED
ENTERING A PROJECT
We are looking for great examples of electrical solutions being used to help organisations achieve their projects’ full potential.
To enter a project, you can be the project owner, a contractor, sub-contractor or vendor directly involved in the project.
Award entries focus on applications of electrical services, products and practices. For example:
- a cabling contractor or sub-contractor can enter their cabling installation at a manufacturing plant
- a University can enter a lighting upgrade they've recently completed
- a UPS vendor can enter a system they've installed at a hospital
Scale of the project is not a factor in the judging process. Our Judges want to see examples of innovation, smart thinking, clever design, collaborative problem solving and other qualities that deserve recognition - no matter if it's in a small commercial property, or an international airport.
To be eligible, submitted projects will need to have been concluded by end of 2017.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SPONSORING THE AWARDS
The Awards offer an outstanding platform for businesses operating in the electrical industry to join Electrical Review’s mission to reward excellence, innovation and collaboration.
Join us as a Headline or Award sponsor, and your brand will appear in our dedicated, prominent marketing campaign beginning December 2017 until Summer 2018, involving display advertising, editorial coverage, interviews, news and other content, spanning:
- Electrical Review print and digital editions
- the ER email newsletter
- ER website and social media channel
- Data Centre World print and digital editions
- and more
Plus, you will benefit from prominent branding on the night of the Awards at London’s prestigious Dorchester Hotel, the opportunity to present the awards to winners on stage, and network face-to-face with nominees and other industry representatives in an elegant and relaxed setting.
Contact us today so we can tell you more and help your business take full advantage of the Awards – please call Sunny or Amanda on +44 (0) 207 933 8970 or email email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2018 Electrical Review Excellence Awards will take place in The Ballroom of London's iconic Dorchester Hotel.
Its classic art-deco Ballroom is the perfect setting for what promises to be a memorable evening of celebration for the electrical industry.
53 Park Lane
London W1K 1QA
(Ballroom entrance from Park Lane)